My own Dormitory
As I walked around my house today, I finally articulated what has been bugging me lately: I live in a dormitory.
My house comes complete with:
- stinky shoes. Left wherever they were shed.
- dirty laundry. Preferably wadded up and stuffed in nearest corner.
- towel clad boy wandering around looking for clean clothes.
- wet towels. Thrown wherever user chose to get dressed.
- laundry room utilized as a) dressing room b) place to scavenge for new clothes from other owners c)general place to dump unwanted items, laundry or not.
- boy stink
- dirty shower
- empty a)shower gel containers b)shampoo bottles c)laundry soap d)toothpaste
- unmade beds and general uncleanliness
- used soda cans, dirty dishes and empty boxes of food/wrappers stuffed in cushions, closets and under beds. Never in the sink, garbage, or dishwasher.
- sideways glares and the smell of hostile testosterone
- multiple episodes of punching/yelling/tripping/practical jokes
- fart jokes
- lots of fart jokes
- America’s Funniest Videos and Wipeout as favorite shows
- lots and lots of laundry. When I can find it.
- consistently empty pantry and refrigerator. Even though last grocery bill was $638.
And I cherish every minute of it.